6.22.2007

marty murphy speaks out about autism

My husband works in advertising with some really cool people who not only dedicate their lives to brands like Apple, but also to creating videos/movies with a cause. One of his colleagues recently sent the below email:

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to send you a link to my newest video about Marty Murphy who has struggled with autism spectrum disorder. For years it ruled her, unable to speak at times, challenged with sensory overloads and volatile meltdowns. Incredibly, with the help of friends and professionals, in the last six years, she has learned to successfully cope with autism and has integrated herself into the world we call “normal”. I have written the character of "Dora" in my new feature film screenplay "Normal Folk", based loosely on her condition 6 years earlier. Today she is a motivational speaker. A very inspiring woman! Enjoy it, Rate it, Comment on it, and please, pretty please, send it to your friends! May she be an inspiration for many!


The video is just over 9 minutes long, but it's awesome and totally inspiring! Let's forward the love!



Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

~ Jolene said...

can't wait to see it. what a great cause.

Alli said...

I stumbled across your blog last week and what a small world! I work for an national nonprofit that raises money for autism research, so its great to see awareness of all kinds! Sounds like a great story and I can't wait to watch it. Also, I live in the LA area and have enjoyed reading your blog. :)

Thanks!