6.07.2007

i’ve been tagged...

By Jolene

Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.

1. I have a baby blanket, KeeKee, which I’ve had since I was a little girl. It’s brown and yellow (admittedly, very ugly), but I love it and sleep with it every night (except I didn’t take it on our honeymoon, otherwise, Rob might have annulled our marriage). I also don’t wash it very often; I like the smell and texture of it. Needless to say, Rob’s mission in life is to destroy it.

2. When I was a little girl, I used to have a cat named Pretty (he was a boy). Our neighbor asked me if we wanted him, seeing that I was 8, I quickly said yes without asking my parents. I hid Pretty from them for a couple days in our garage. Eventually I confessed and he became part of our family. Pretty had a bad habit of sleeping inside car engines, but was always good at escaping when he heard approaching footsteps. Several years later Pretty got stuck inside someone’s engine and lost part of his ear, among other injuries. He then became known as Pretty Lucky (he totally could have died). He did end up going to kitty heaven when a coyote snatched him…I still think about Pretty – he was definitely my favorite cat (behind Tripod, our 3-legged cat, but that’s another story).

3. I can sleep anywhere at anytime. Rob thinks I’m a borderline narcoleptic.

4. I have a habit of leaving a job and then going back to that same job. My first job in high school was Top of the Bagel in Solana Beach. I worked there for maybe 10 months during that time. After high school I moved to Orange County to go to Orange Coast College. Turns out I really missed Encinitas so I moved back after my first semester. I went right back to Top of the Bagel and worked there for another couple of years. Then after college my first job was Saatchi & Saatchi (Toyota’s advertising agency). After 3 years, I left to become a teacher. As an unemployed teacher, I’m back at Saatchi & Saatchi - but leaving July 13th to be a teacher again.

5. I have had a couple back surgeries to correct scoliosis. The first when I was 12 and the second when I was 16. I think these experiences are what really established the concept of perseverance in my blood.

6. I’m addicted to soy mocha lattes from Coffee Bean. Even though we received a really nice coffeemaker for our wedding, I still want to go everyday. I have to talk myself out of stopping there each morning on my way into work. I’ve told myself that I can go twice each week – we’ll see how this works out when I have to wake up 2 hours earlier for school. Last school year I actually drove out of my way to get my soy mocha latte each morning.

7. I’m obsessed with organizing and believe that everything has a place. Before I can really relax at home, I need to make sure everything is in it’s appropriate place. OCD? Perhaps…

I wish I knew 7 bloggers! My excuse is that I’m new. I’m working on making e-friends! I will tag Erin, Emily and Laura.

I spent a long time coming up with 7 random facts/habits – it’s hard! I’ll share my teaching update tomorrow…I also plan to post our professional wedding photos and honeymoon pics at some point.

4 comments:

~ Jolene said...

Pretty, Pretty Lucky and Tripod - those have to be the cutest kitty cat names I have ever heard!!! SO cute! Oh and trust me, I took forever coming up with 7 things...I swear I stared at my computer for 15-20 minutes just coming up with the first one! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!! and I LOVE the picture on your blog header...gorgeous!!!

Nanette said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! And welcome to the world of blogging!

Mmm...Coffee Bean....delish.

And I'm excited to see your wedding pics! The one at the top of your site is BEAUTIFUL!

JoeF said...

what does that make me if it's easy to think of 7 weird things about myself....off i go...nice job daily blogging!

JoeF said...

oops...i must be logged in as joe...but you know who i am :)