6.11.2007

4 months and counting...

This weekend was a whirlwind, as usual. Fun, but quick! Rob and I kicked off the weekend with a party at his office in Marina del Rey. It was really great to meet Rob’s colleagues and also explore the office a bit. He’s been there a year and I’ve been several times, however guests are not allowed beyond the receptionist area – it’s super high security. I guess since Rob’s client is Apple, it makes sense. No thumb prints necessary on Friday! All the secret stuff was put away and we got to take silly pictures like this…


Saturday provided for another fun opportunity to celebrate! Karen, one of the Tucker cousins, is getting married at the end of June and we showered her with love on Saturday. It was a small gathering, but warmth was in air. Karen made a couple funny comments about “being a bride over 60” that had me giggling over the weekend. Here’s the family…


Verna, Dale, Karen (the bride), me (on the floor), Sarah, Laura, Marie (on the floor), Alice, Mary Elizabeth

Saturday evening Rob and I got to take Gabe and Mimi to Sushi Studio. We LOVE this place and especially love going with friends (and family) that have never been. Of course, I forgot my camera (I’m still working on keeping it with me at all times), but trust me, this place is so delicious! We really enjoyed hanging out with Gabe and Mimi. Mimi even brought me gerber daisies! We don't get to see them enough, so when we do, we love it. You'd think they live really far away, but no, they live about 3 minutes away.

Sunday was our 4th month wedding anniversary – it’s crazy how fast time goes by. While we haven’t actually celebrated the monthly wedding anniversaries, it’s fun to acknowledge them. This monthly anniversary was a little different though. Our friend, Kelly Fitzgerald was performing at Christy’s Ristorante in Long Beach. Kelly played guitar with her boyfriend, John Diggins, at our wedding and during the unity candle lighting performed her beautiful song, “Secretly” (you can listen to this song on her website). Last night she sang this song and it totally made me cry. It brought back the amazing memory and feeling of our wedding day. She has such a beautiful voice! The food at Christy’s looked delicious! We just had dessert and a glass of wine last night, but we can’t wait to eat dinner there soon. Kelly’s playing at Christy’s again on the 24th, so we’re planning to return. I remembered my camera too! It was a wonderful way to celebrate our 4th month of marriage! I love you, baby!


Tomorrow evening, Switchfoot is playing at the Apple Store in Santa Monica. I’m hoping to check them out!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Lo said...

What a fun lunch break to read Alyssa's blog about the weekend. Sounds like so much fun!