7.10.2007

a nightmare

According to Wikipedia, the definition of a nightmare is:

A dream which causes the sleeper a strong unpleasant emotional response. Nightmares typically feature fear or horror, and/or the sensations of pain, falling, drowning or death. They can be related to physiological causes, such as a high fever; psychological ones, such as unusual trauma or stress in the sleeper's life; or commonly for no apparent cause. Nightmares can be so stressful as to suddenly wake the sufferer in a state of distress, which may prevent falling back to sleep for some time.

This definition is accurate…I woke up very distressed early this morning, yelling and crying. Not sure why, though I’m thankful Rob was next to me holding me and calming me down. It took me at least 2 hours to fall back asleep, just in time to wake up for work. I can’t really remember what my nightmare was about, but I was fighting and trying to escape…it was terrible!

I can’t wait to fall asleep tonight and get back to my usual sweet dreams.

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

Yikes! I hope you have restful sleep tonight!