7.05.2007

blah, it’s thursday…

The absolute best way to enjoy lunch the day after a holiday that falls in the middle of the week is a pedicure!

My toes and Jen's toes

I agree with Jolene, it totally felt like Saturday yesterday! I was pretty sad this morning when I once again remembered it was actually Thursday. Especially after I abruptly woke up this morning when I heard the street sweeping truck make its way down our street…I groggily yelled, “Crap, it’s Thursday and Charlotte is on the Thursday side.” Our street sweeping is 5am-8am, a particularly inconvenient time. It’s never enjoyable waking up that way. Not to mention, our household has now received 4 parking tickets in the last month – we are usually far more responsible. We got one last Sunday on 2nd St. when we realized that the parking meters are now in effect on Sunday (a new enforcement we clearly didn’t know about) and Rob received a doubly-whammy a few weeks ago for not refilling the meter and also for not having a front license plate. I’ve digressed…

We had a wonderful 4th of July! It was a special day for my husband as he really did celebrate a personal independence day! Tuesday, the 3rd, was his last day of work and now he’s now officially a free bird! He can now call himself a digital media consultant - we’ve been looking forward to this day for months! I’m so proud of you honey! After a great workout, where I alternated between walking and running sprints on the treadmill (inspired by Nanette) we made a yummy breakfast and relaxed around the house until about 2pm before heading to Crystal and Dick’s block party. We arrived just in time to enjoy Dick’s delicious BBQ! I ate really well until Crystal brought out the dessert, when I had absolutely no will power and ate a couple of lemon bars and a rice krispy treat. After staying there for a little while, we made our way to the Granda Hills area for another BBQ at Joel’s house. It was really nice to catch up with Joel – we haven’t seen him since our wedding in February. I refrained from enjoying more rice krispy treats, but did indulge in a gigantic hot dog…it was 4th of July, right? We left Joel’s around 8:30pm and watched fireworks all the way home…not a bad way to see a firework show really. 4th of July for me isn’t the 4th of July without fireworks, even if it is watching them from Rob’s car on the freeway.

Crystal, me, Emily, Tammy, Gloria ("the church ladies")

Last night before bed, Rob and I laughed, again, at this hysterical Starburst TV spot. We saw it a while back, but it was so funny to me last night and I giggled this morning too as we sang the Starburst song…





Until next time...

3 comments:

emily said...

glad y'all had fun! i was glad we got to stop by and see you at D and C's. i'm also pretty happy that my face doesn't look fat in that picture you posted! :)

~ Jolene said...

Pretty toes! Glad you had a good 4th and yey to your free hubby! Lemon bars....YUM! You're a dork..that video made me laugh. Not because I particularly thought it was funny but because I imagined you giggling at it. :)

weezermonkey said...

Oh, that Starburst commercial drives me nuts!

But I like the idea of you singing it. :)