10.27.2007

blonde redhead

As the quintessential procrastinator, I thought I would update my blog rather than get some studying done for my mid-term on Monday. Cramming really works better for me anyhow.

I finally spent some time today reading and responding to my favorite blogs. I'm not sure if you find this true, but if I don't check daily, I feel guilty. After an entire week I actually felt overwhelmed! If I had access to blogging at school, my entire lunch break would be spent staying on top of all ya'll's lives and I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed. OCD? Maybe, but I'm completely addicted!

Thursday evening we were invited by our friends Greg and Sheila to see Blonde Redhead at The Wiltern. Beforehand, Rob and I grabbed dinner at the new Whole Foods in El Segundo. Wow, that's a serious Whole Foods! The ready-to-eat food options were incredible, the chocolate bar was mouthwatering, and the floral department was vast. If I lived in the area, I'd be there everyday searching for an excuse to buy something. Once we arrived to the Wiltern, we enjoyed a couple cocktails before Blonde Redhead played. Greg and Sheila are from New York, so it's always great talking with them about NYC. Sheila and I discussed fashion trends, celebrities, and she filled me in on some shops to hit up next weekend when we're in NYC. I really enjoyed Blonde Redhead, they have some really incredible sounds for only being a 3-person band. While I was extremely thankful to be there, I felt guilty because I'm sure my brother, who is a fan, would have appreciated it more. Rob recorded many of the songs, so we made him a DVD...hopefully that will suffice.




The highlight of my day today was getting my first facial. What a treat! My skin is so soft and supple right now. Gabe and Mimi are throwing a Halloween dinner party this evening that will be fun and festive. I'm sure the decor and food will be superb.

Hope everyone is having a happy and safe Saturday evening!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Sound like you guys had fun!

dapotato said...

have fun in NYC next weekend!

WeezerMonkey said...

Fun! We were there just the night before! I was going to take a pic of the marquee, but they'd already changed it to Blonde Redhead. Ha!

Jolene said...

fun! totally know what you mean by being behind on blog reading...I'm going through it RIGHT NOW!!! :)

Keely said...

I LOVE Whole Foods! Bakersfield doesn't have one, so the closest is Valencia. :( Considering making shopping there a Sunday event though...

California Girl said...

Eeek I am the same way about reading blogs! I get way into it, and then for a week I just don't get around to it. Well, it's nice to know there is always some reading to do, right???